Health experts consider the practice of Sirsasana Yoga to be particularly beneficial for health. The practice of this Yoga standing with the support of the head is believed to promote physical and mental health. It is one of the main poses in Hatha Yoga and is also called the “King of Yoga Poses”. Its physical effects can be felt throughout the body. Sirsasana Yoga promotes the circulation of blood in the head, neck, shoulders, veins, blood vessels, besides practicing this Yoga is also considered beneficial to maintain the balance of the body. In next few paragraphs we will discuss regarding the benefits of Sirsasana Yoga.
According to health experts, the practice of Sirsasana Yoga should be done under the guidance of an experienced and professional Yoga expert, as its wrong practice can lead to neck or head injury. In studies, Sirsasana Yoga has been described as extremely beneficial in many ways, both physically and mentally. Let us know about the benefits of this Yoga in the next paragraph.
How To Practice Sirsasana Yoga ?
According to Yoga experts, the practice of Sirsasana Yoga should be done very carefully. As beneficial as the practice of this Yoga is, there is also a risk of serious injury if done incorrectly. To do Sirsasana Yoga, first of all, sit on the mat and bend forward and rest the elbows of both hands on the ground. Now, keeping the balance of the body, try to stand upside down with the support of the head. Stay in this position for some time and then come back to the starting position.
What Are The Benefits of Sirsasana Yoga ?
If Sirsasana Yoga is properly practiced regularly, it can help in relieving many problems.
- It strengthens the muscles of the neck and shoulders, abdomen and spine.
2. It relieves headaches, especially migraine.
3. It helps in treating dizziness.
4. It helps to overcome problems related to the kidney, liver, stomach, intestine and reproductive system.
5. It increases blood circulation in the scalp. This can help prevent hair fall, graying of hair and baldness.
6. It helps in the functioning of the pituitary gland, which promotes the functioning of all the endocrine glands.
7. Due to increased blood circulation in the head, the brain remains healthy and makes its functions easier.
You can also check here 3 important benefits of Bhujangasana Yoga.