Pavanmuktasana is a combination of two Sanskrit words Pavan and Mukta, where Pavan means air and Mukt means release. As the name suggests, this Yoga helps in expelling unnecessary gas from the digestive tract of the stomach. That’s why it is called Wind Releasing Pose in English. Pavanmuktasana is an excellent Yoga, which is considered very important for good digestion. Today we will tell you about how to do Pavanmuktasana Yoga, its benefits and precautions.
Pavanmuktasana helps to tone the abdominal and waist muscles. Patients suffering from problems of poor digestion are usually advised to do Pavanmuktasana. Although there is some difficulty in doing this Yoga in the beginning, but with regular practice, Pavanmuktasana can be done very easily.
How To Do Pavanmuktasana ?
The method of doing Pavanmuktasana is very easy, but you may have some difficulty in practicing this Yoga. Therefore this Yoga must be practiced properly. Let us know how to do Pavanmuktasana.
1. Lie down comfortably on the floor on your stomach in Shavasana posture.
2. Bend your left knee and bring it as close to the stomach as possible.
3. Now while exhaling, keep the fingers of both your hands together and keep them under the knees. With the help of them try to touch the chest with your left knee.
4. After this, raise your head above the ground and try to touch the nose with the knee.
5. After raising the head and touching the nose with the knees, remain in this posture for 10 to 30 seconds and exhale slowly.
6. Now do the same process with the right leg and repeat this posture 3 to 5 times.
Usually, by bending the knees of both the feet together and interlocking the fingers of the hand, keeping them under the knees of both the feet, the practice of bringing the knees to the chest is also done. But you can practice any of these two mudras at your convenience.
Do all the steps of Pavanmuktasana very carefully and do not make any changes in this posture from your side. It is important to practice all the steps of Pavanmuktasana to get the gas out of the digestive system.
What Are The Benefits of Pavanmuktasana Yoga ?
This Yoga is usually done to expel the abdominal air. Along with this, this Yoga is also very beneficial in removing the impurities accumulated inside the body. Apart from this, there are many benefits of doing Pavanmuktasana Yoga.
1. Beneficial In Removing Gas
The biggest advantage of Pavanmuktasana is that by doing this Yoga daily, unwanted gas is removed from the digestive system of the stomach.
2. Benefits For Women
This is such a Yoga that must be done by women. Especially women suffering from uterine problems are advised to do this Yoga. This Yoga helps in curing diseases related to the uterus. This Yoga is also beneficial in improving fertility.
3. Helpful In Back Pain
If you have sciatica disease or have back pain and slip disc problem, then you must practice Pavanmuktasana daily.
4. Beneficial In Arthritis
This Yoga is also beneficial for those people who are suffering from acidity, arthritis pain and heart problems. Pavanmuktasana is also very helpful in reducing unwanted belly fat.
5. Beneficial For The Intestine
By doing Pavanmuktasana, the functions of the intestine are more active and this Yoga helps in keeping the intestine away from many disorders. Apart from this, the liver also does its work properly by doing this Yoga.
Precautions for Pavanmuktasana
1. Those who are already suffering from back pain or back pain should avoid doing Pavanmuktasana.
2. If you have high blood pressure and neck pain, be careful in doing Pavanmuktasana.
3. Avoid doing this Yoga if you have chest pain or if you have a chronic injury to the neck.
4. Pregnant women should avoid doing Pavanmuktasana.
5. If you are suffering from a stomach ulcer then you should not do Pavanmuktasana.
You can also understand Pavanmuktasana with the help of this video below
You can also check here the amazing benefits of Garudasana Yoga.