Ardha Matsyendrasana is derived from the Sanskrit words Ardha, Matsya, Indra, and Asana. Where Ardha means Half, Matsya means Pisces or Fish, Indra means King and Asana means Pose. Let us know about the benefits, methods, and precautions of Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga.
Why It Is Called Ardha Matsyendrasana ?
This Yoga was named Matsyendrasana after Yogi Matsyendranath. This Yoga is also called Vakrasana. Ardha Matsyendrasana is not very easy like other Yoga poses, so most people initially practice this Yoga under the supervision of a Yoga expert. But after a few days of practice, it becomes quite easy to do this pose.
What Are The Benefits of Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga ?
Almost the entire body including the spine and legs is involved in this Yoga. Therefore, from the point of view of health, it is beneficial for different parts of the body. Let’s check below what are the benefits of Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga.
1. Abs are strengthened by practicing Ardha Matsyendrasana daily and this Yoga also works to tone them. Apart from this, the muscles also get stronger by doing this Yoga.
2. Practicing this Yoga regularly makes the body flexible and especially the hips and spine are flexible. Along with this, this Yoga is also beneficial for the shoulders and neck and fills the body with energy.
3. By practicing Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga daily, the toxins accumulated inside the body come out. Due to this, untimely diseases do not occur in the body and the body is protected.
4. By practicing this Yoga every morning, the waste accumulated in the body comes out and the digestive system gets stronger. By doing this Yoga, food gets digested very easily and there is no problem of constipation or heaviness in the body.
5. By practicing Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga daily, women get rid of the discomfort or pain in menstruation. This Yoga prevents fatigue in the body and helps to overcome the problem of sciatica.
6. By practicing this Yoga, the kidney, liver, heart and spleen are stimulated and perform their work smoothly and properly. This protects the body from all kinds of diseases because all these organs are the organs that perform important functions of the body.
7. By practicing Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga in the right way, it helps in removing the excess heat inside the body and also removes the harmful substances accumulated in the organs and cells of the body.
8. By practicing this Yoga, the body remains more active and the problem of loss of appetite also goes away. The biggest advantage of doing this Yoga is that the digestive system is strong and hunger is also felt on time.
9. You can control diabetes to a great extent by just doing Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga. This Yoga helps in the production of insulin keeps the pancreas healthy and plays an important role in the prevention of diabetes.
10. If you want to reduce your belly fat, then definitely practice this Yoga. While practicing this Yoga, if it is maintained for some more time, then there is good success in melting belly fat.
What Is The Procedure of Ardha Matsyendrasana ?
This Yoga is a bit complicated, so first of all, you should start practicing after knowing about the right ways to do it. Let us know what is the procedure for doing Ardha Matsyendrasana.
Step By Step Instructions –
1. Sit in Dandasana. Lightly press the ground with your hands and while breathing in, lengthen the spine.
2. Bend the left leg and bring it over the right knee and place the left foot on the ground.
3. Bend the right leg and place the foot comfortably on the ground near the left buttock.
4. Bring the right hand over the left foot and hold the toe of the left foot.
5. While exhaling, bend the torso as much as possible and bend the neck to focus on the left shoulder.
6. Rest the left hand on the ground and breathe normally. This is the posture of Ardha Matsyendrasana.
7. Stay in the pose for 30-60 seconds.
8. To get out of the pose, do all the steps in the opposite order.
9. Repeat all these steps on the other side as well.
Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga should be practiced early in the morning. But if for some reason you are not able to practice this Yoga in the morning, then you can do it in the evening also. But before practicing Ardha Matsyendrasana, you have to keep in mind that your stomach is completely empty, that is, you have eaten four to six hours before doing this Yoga so that the food is easily digested. Remember, any Yoga is beneficial only if all the rules are followed.
1. If a person has undergone brain surgery, heart, stomach and bone and vertebral surgery, then he should avoid doing Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga.
2. Patients suffering from peptic ulcers and hernias should not practice this Yoga.
3. If there is any serious problem or injury in the spinal cord, then Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga should not be done in this situation.
4. In mild slip-disc this Yoga can be beneficial, but in severe cases, it should not be done.
Take the help of the below video to do Ardha Matsyendrasana Yoga.
Those who missed can check here the benefits of Gomukhasana Yoga.